|PRODUCT NAME||CATALOG #||UNIT||PRICE||QTY||FAVORITES|
3-Amino-1,2,4-triazole is a small molecule irreversible inhibitor of catalase, an enzyme responsible for converting cellular H2O2 into H2O and O2. Impeding the natural clearance of H2O2 from the cell by catalase has proven useful in studies investigating free radical-mediated damage of cardiac tissue in ischemia. 3-Amino-1,2,4-triazole also shows inhibition of imidazoleglycerol-phosphate dehydratase (HIS3) activity, which interrupts the biosynthesis of histidines. When 3-Amino-1,2,4-triazole is diazotized, the resulting 3-Diazo-1,2,4-triazole is shown to react specifically with tryptophan at acidic pH, presenting a method for determining the tryptophan content of proteins.
1. DeTraglia, M.C., et al. 1979. Anal. Biochem. 99: 464-473. PMID: 574724
2. Brennan, M.B. and Struhl, K. 1980. J. Mol. Biol. 136: 333-338. PMID: 6990004
3. Kidd, G.L. and Gross, S.R. 1984. J. Bacteriol. 158: 121-127. PMID: 6325383
4. Aragon, C.M., et al. 1991. Biochem. Pharmacol. 42: 699-702. PMID: 1859472
5. Auyeung, Y., et al. 1995. Circulation. 92: 3318-3322. PMID: 7586320
6. Kingma, J.G., et al. 1996. Am. J. Physiol. 270: H1165-H1171. PMID: 8967353
7. Joung, J.K., et al. 2000. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 97: 7382-7387. PMID: 10852947
See how others have used 3-Amino-1,2,4-triazole. Click on the entry to view the PubMed entry .
PMID: # 25157103
Son, YO. et al. 2014. Nrf2/p62 signaling in apoptosis resistance and its role in cadmium-induced carcinogenesis. J. Biol. Chem.. 289: 28660-75.
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2017 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.