Sulforhodamine 101 acid chloride, a mixture of the two monosulfonyl chloride derivatives of sulforhodamine 101 is often known as Texas Red®. This red fluorescent dye is very useful for histological staining as well as in cell sorting experiments with fluorescent-activated cell sorting machines (FACS). May also be used in immunofluoresence (IF) and immunohistochemistry (IHC) applications. Sulforhodamine 101 acid chloride can be used as a marker of proteins, with which it easily forms conjugates via the sulfonyl chloride (SO2Cl) group. This product may be used in multi-color staining experiments, and has also been used in tandem with other dyes, such as R-phycoerythrin (PE-Texas Red).
1. Titus, J.A., et al. 1982. J. Immunol. Methods. 50: 193-204. PMID: 6806389
2. Rosário, H.S., et al. 2004. Am. J. Pathol. 164: 1707-1716. PMID: 15111317
3. Park, R. and Baines, J.D. 2006. J. Virol. 80: 494-504. PMID: 16352573
4. Alvaro, D., et al. 2008. Am. J. Pathol. 172: 321-332. PMID: 18202196
5. Karaoz, E., et al. 2009. Histochem. Cell Biol. 132: 533-546. PMID: 19688349
6. Marion, V., et al. 2009. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 106: 1820-1825. PMID: 19190184
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2020 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.