You may not log in without verifying your email address.
Please check your email (including your spam email) for the Welcome message that was sent.
S-Nitrosoglutathione (GSNO), an amino acid nitric oxide donor, when under physiological conditions spontaneously releases nitric oxide. In research it has been observed to selectively inhibit platelet activation and display cardioprotective effects. This product also inhibits NF-κB activation, endothelial cell proliferation and cathepsin B (cysteine proteases). GNSO has demonstrated dose dependent effects on Thymocytes by inducing apoptosis in T cells in low concentrations (< 0.6 mM), while protecting T cells from apoptosis in higher concentrations (1-2 mM).
1. Konorev, E A., et al., 1995. S-nitrosoglutathione improves functional recovery in the isolated rat heart after cardioplegic ischemic arrest-evidence for a cardioprotective effect of nitric oxide. The Journal of pharmacology and experimental therapeutics. 274(1): 200-6. PMID: 7616400
2. Peng, H B., et al., 1995. Nitric oxide inhibits macrophage-colony stimulating factor gene transcription in vascular endothelial cells. The Journal of biological chemistry. 270(28): 17050-5. PMID: 7622526
3. Sarkar, R., et al., 1995. Nitric oxide inhibition of endothelial cell mitogenesis and proliferation. Surgery. 118(2): 274-9. PMID: 7638744
4. Peng, H B., et al., 1995. Induction and stabilization of I kappa B alpha by nitric oxide mediates inhibition of NF-kappa B. The Journal of biological chemistry. 270(23): 14214-9. PMID: 7775482
5. Mathews, W R., et al., 1993. Biological activity of S-nitrosothiols: the role of nitric oxide. The Journal of pharmacology and experimental therapeutics. 267(3): 1529-37. PMID: 7903392
6. de Belder, A J., et al., 1994. Effects of S-nitroso-glutathione in the human forearm circulation: evidence for selective inhibition of platelet activation. Cardiovascular research. 28(5): 691-4. PMID: 8025915
7. Sandau, K., et al., 1996. The dual role of S-nitrosoglutathione (GSNO) during thymocyte apoptosis. Cellular signalling. 8(3): 173-7. PMID: 8736700
8. Ascenzi, P., et al., 2001. Inhibition of cysteine protease activity by NO-donors. Current protein & peptide science. 2(2): 137-53. PMID: 12370021
See how others have used S-Nitrosoglutathione (GSNO). Click on the entry to view the PubMed entry .
PMID: # 27095671 Kumar, A. et al. 2016. Biochimica et biophysica acta. 1860: 1519-27.
PMID: # 27082706 Li, R. et al. 2016. The journal of trauma and acute care surgery. 80: 440-9.
PMID: # 25749567 Bradley, SA. et al. 2015. J. Neurosci. Methods. 245: 116-24.
PMID: # 25019574 Fujita, M. et al. 2014. FEBS Lett. 588: 3240-50.
PMID: # 25115184 Soetkamp, D. et al. 2014. Basic Res. Cardiol. 109: 433.
PMID: # 22554503 Yuan, H. et al. 2012. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 421: 134-9.
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2020 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.