You may not log in without verifying your email address.
Please check your email (including your spam email) for the Welcome message that was sent.
Resveratrol (3,5,4′-trihydroxy-trans-stilbene) is a natural polyphenol derived from red wine; in Asian folk-medicine it and it′s glycoside, polydatin (sc-203203) are the primary ingredients of Kojo-Kon (derived from the dried root of Japanese knotweed). This trihydroxystilbene is derived from various sources and has been studied with regard to numerous applications including reducing serum lipids, inhibition of platelet aggregation, and actions as a chemopreventative agent and antioxidant. Resveratrol has been shown to increase the longevity of yeast and to display antiproliferative effects on cancer stem cells in vitro. Resveratrol is a specific inhibitor of Cox-1 (cyclooxygenase-1) via inhibition of the hydroperoxidase activity of Cox-1.
Resveratrol has also been used extensively in stem cell studies to enhance self-renewal and multipotency of mesencymal stem cells (MSC′s) in vitro. Numerous studies have been conducted with regard to resveratrol-modified cardiac stem cells enhancing cardiac healing in vitro. Similar studies with bone marrow derived stem cells (BMSCs) have shown that resveratrol acts as a NF-κB inhibitor to protect MSC-derived chondrocytes in vitro. Additional research with resveratrol used to treat adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cells (ADMSCs) resulted in increased alkaline phosphatase activity and osteocalcin levels; thus enriching the MSC and osteoprogenitor cell populations in cultured ADMSCs in vitro.
1. Chanvitayapongs, S., et al. 1997. Neuroreport. 8: 1499-1502. PMID: 9172162
2. Gehm, B.D., et al. 1997. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 94: 14138-14143. PMID: 9391166
3. Fontecave, M., et al. 1998. FEBS Lett. 421: 277-279. PMID: 9468322
4. Srivastava, P., et al. 1998. Int. J. Oncol. 13: 465-469. PMID: 9683780
5. Chun, Y.J., et al. 1999. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 262: 20-24. PMID: 10448061
6. Bowers, J.L., et al. 2000. Endocrinology. 141: 3657-3667. PMID: 11014220
7. Frémont, L., 2000. Life Sci. 66: 663-673. PMID: 10680575
8. Kimura, Y., 2003. Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol. 25: 297-310. PMID: 12808475
9. Howitz, K.T., et al. 2003. Nature. 425: 191-196. PMID: 12939617
10. Baur, J.A. and Sinclair, D.A. 2006. Nat Rev Drug Discov. 5: 493-506. PMID: 16732220
11. Lei, M., et al. 2008. Acta Pharmacol. Sin. 29: 1350-1356. PMID: 18954530
12. Pandey, P.R., et al. 2010. Breast Cancer Res Treat. PMID: 21188630
13. Gurusamy, N., et al. 2010. J. Cell. Mol. Med. 14: 2235-2239. PMID: 20716127
14. Kao, C.L., et al. 2010. Stem Cells Dev. 19: 247-258. PMID: 19656070
See how others have used Resveratrol. Click on the entry to view the PubMed entry .
PMID: # 31040579 Al-Tamimi, H.|Al-Dawood, A.|Awaishesh, S.|Abdalla, T.| et al. 2019. Vet World. 12: 337-344.
PMID: # 29906565 Nøhr-Meldgaard, K. et al. 2018. Int. J. Antimicrob. Agents. 52: 390-396.
PMID: # 29958542 Furat Rencber, S.|Kurnaz Ozbek, S.|Eraldemır, C.|Sezer, Z.|Kum, T.|Ceylan, S.|Guzel, E.| et al. 2018. J Ovarian Res. 11: 55.
PMID: # 28750181 2018. Connect. Tissue Res. 59: 245-254.
PMID: # 27771282 Kaur, M. et al. 2017. Brain Res. 1654: 9-23.
PMID: # 28603085 Fernández-Del-Río, L. et al. 2017. Free Radic. Biol. Med. 110: 176-187.
PMID: # 28915620 Islam, SU. et al. 2017. Oncotarget. 8: 56659-56671.
PMID: # 27129153 Labay, E. et al. 2016. Oncotarget.
PMID: # 26870238 Xiong, W. et al. 2016. Oncol Lett. 11: 484-490.
PMID: # 27634755 Allain, C. et al. 2016. Cancer Res. 76: 6374-6381.
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2020 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.