You may not log in without verifying your email address.
Please check your email (including your spam email) for the Welcome message that was sent.
(R)-Methanandamide is a derivative of Anandamide (sc-200790) with a stereodefined methyl group introduced on the hydroxyethylamine moiety of the parent compound. (R)-Methanandamide demonstrates higher affinity at the cannabinoid CB1 receptor (Ki = 20 nM) than Anandamide itself (Ki = 78 nM). (R)-Methanandamide is described to be markedly stable to aminopeptidase hydrolysis as compared to Anandamide. Low concentrations of (R)-Methanandamide, preferentially activating the CB1 receptors, are demonstrated to produce antinociception, while high concentrations of (R)-Methanandamide preferentially activate the VR(vanilloid receptors) and produce pronociceptive effects. (R)-Methanandamide is an activator of CB2.
1. Abadji, V., et al. 1994. J. Med. Chem. 37: 1889-1893. PMID: 8021930
2. Khanolkar, A.D., et al. 1996. J. Med. Chem. 39: 4515-4519. PMID: 8893848
3. Romero, J., et al. 1996. Life Sci. 58: 1249-1257. PMID: 8614278
4. Fischer, M.J. and Messlinger, K. 2007. Cephalalgia. 27: 422-428. PMID: 17448180
5. Rasmussen, B.A., et al. 2010. Eur. J. Pharmacol. 627: 150-155. PMID: 19879869
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2020 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.