You may not log in without verifying your email address.
Please check your email (including your spam email) for the Welcome message that was sent.
Pifithrin-μ is a cell-permeable sulfonamide inhibitor of p53 binding and an anti-apoptotic. Direct inhibition of p53 binding to mitochondria as well as to Bcl-xL and Bcl-2 proteins by Pifithrin-μ has been observed. Pifithrin-μ selectively inhibits p53 translocation to mitochondria without affecting the transactivation function of p53. Pifithrin-μ has been shown to reduce γ-radiation induced cell death in vitro. Unlike pifithrin-α (sc-45050), pifithrin-μ targets only the mitochondrial branch of the p53 pathway without affecting the important transcriptional functions of p53. Pifithrin-μ selectively inhibits HSP 70 (heat shock protein 70) activity.
1. Strom, Evguenia., et al., 2006. Small-molecule inhibitor of p53 binding to mitochondria protects mice from gamma radiation. Nature chemical biology. 2(9): 474-9. PMID: 16862141
2. Vaseva, Angelina V., et al., 2009. The transcription-independent mitochondrial p53 program is a major contributor to nutlin-induced apoptosis in tumor cells. Cell cycle (Georgetown, Tex.). 8(11): 1711-9. PMID: 19411846
3. Subramanian, S V., et al., 2009. Do burdens of underweight and overweight coexist among lower socioeconomic groups in India? The American journal of clinical nutrition. 90(2): 369-76. PMID: 19515733
4. Drakos, E., et al., 2009. The therapeutic potential of p53 reactivation by nutlin-3a in ALK+ anaplastic large cell lymphoma with wild-type or mutated p53. Leukemia. 23(12): 2290-9. PMID: 19741726
5. Hagn, Franz., et al., 2010. BclxL changes conformation upon binding to wild-type but not mutant p53 DNA binding domain. The Journal of biological chemistry. 285(5): 3439-50. PMID: 19955567
6. Xu, Xia., et al., . Enhancement of cell recovery for dissociated human embryonic stem cells after cryopreservation. Biotechnology progress. 26(3): 781-8. PMID: 20014103
See how others have used Pifithrin-mu. Click on the entry to view the PubMed entry .
PMID: # 26884717 Yu, W. et al. 2016. Int. J. Biol. Sci. 12: 198-209.
PMID: # 26703711 Claus, C. et al. 2015. Viruses. 7: 6108-26.
PMID: # 24244355 Sekihara, K. et al. 2013. PLoS ONE. 8: e78772.
PMID: # 19955567 Hagn, F. et al. 2010. J. Biol. Chem. 285: 3439-3450.
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2020 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.