You may not log in without verifying your email address.
Please check your email (including your spam email) for the Welcome message that was sent.
Ostreogrycin A, also known as Virginiamycin M1, is a streptogramin macrolide antibiotic. Ostreogrycin A interacts with the bacterial 50S ribosome, inhibiting its function in a reversible manner. Activity of Ostreogrycin A at the ribosome blocks translation and produces a bacteriostatic effect. With addition of Virginiamycin S1 (sc-202384), the two antibiotics produce a synergistic bacteriocidal effect. The combination of these compounds, available as a Virginimycin complex (sc-202383), demonstrate efficacy against a broad range of bacteria.
1. Crooy, P. and De Neys, R. 1972. J. Antibiot. 25: 371-372. PMID: 4568014
2. Parfait, R. and Cocito, C. 1980. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 77: 5492-5496. PMID: 6776538
3. Cocito, C. and Chinali, G. 1985. J. Antimicrob. Chemother. 16: 35-52. PMID: 3932310
4. Odom, O.W. and Hardesty, B. 1992. J. Biol. Chem. 267: 19117-19122. PMID: 1527036
5. Vannuffel, P., et al. 1994. Nucleic Acids Res. 22: 4449-4453. PMID: 7971275
6. Porse, B.T. and Garrett, R.A. 1999. J. Mol. Biol. 286: 375-387. PMID: 9973558
7. Champney, W.S. and Tober, C.L. 2000. Curr. Microbiol. 41: 126-135. PMID: 10856379
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2020 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.