NOR-3 is a cell-permeable, non-thiol, nitric oxide (NO) donor that can spontaneously release NO in a rate controlled manner (half-life in PBS, pH 7.4 is 30 minutes at 37°C) generating biologically inactive by-products. NOR-3 spontaneously releases NO intra- and extracellularly and activates intracellular soluble guanylate cyclase, leading to an increase in cGMP level and subsequent vascular relaxation and inhibition of platelet aggregation. NORs release NO at a steady rate, although the mechanism of release is not yet known.
1. Yamada, H., et al., 1991. Comparison of the effects of the novel vasodilator FK409 with those of nitroglycerin in isolated coronary artery of the dog. British journal of pharmacology. 103(3): 1713-8. PMID: 1681975
2. Shibata, S., et al., 1991. Characteristics of the vasorelaxing action of (3E)-4-ethyl-2-hydroximino-5-nitro-3-hexamide FK409, a new vasodilator isolated from microbial sources, in isolated rabbit arteries. Journal of cardiovascular pharmacology. 17(3): 508-18. PMID: 1711615
3. Hino, M., et al., 1989. FK409, a novel vasodilator isolated from the acid-treated fermentation broth of Streptomyces griseosporeus. I. Taxonomy, fermentation, isolation, and physico-chemical and biological characteristics. The Journal of antibiotics. 42(11): 1578-83. PMID: 2584140
4. Kita, Y., et al., 1994. Antiplatelet activities of FK409, a new spontaneous NO releaser. British journal of pharmacology. 113(2): 385-8. PMID: 7834188
5. Kita, Y., et al., 1994. Spontaneous nitric oxide release accounts for the potent pharmacological actions of FK409. European journal of pharmacology. 257(1-2): 123-30. PMID: 8082692
6. Percival, M D., et al., 1999. Inhibition of cathepsin K by nitric oxide donors: evidence for the formation of mixed disulfides and a sulfenic acid. Biochemistry. 38(41): 13574-83. PMID: 10521264
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2020 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.