You may not log in without verifying your email address.
Please check your email (including your spam email) for the Welcome message that was sent.
N-Acetyl-S-farnesyl-L-cysteine is a synthetically derivatized cysteine amino acid inhibitor of S-farnesylcysteine carboxyl methyltransferase enzymes. These enzymes recognize N-Acetyl-S-farnesyl-L-cysteine as a substrate through the farnesyl moiety, and occupation of the binding site blocks processing of farnesylated proteins by the enzyme. Carboxyl methylation of farnesylated proteins is an important modification that regulates protein function. Blockade of methyltransferase processing of platelet rap1 proteins by N-Acetyl-S-farnesyl-L-cysteine leads to inhibition of platelet aggregation. N-Acetyl-S-farnesyl-L-cysteine is also described to block the cellular movement and membrane adhesion of Ras proteins by interfering with carboxyl methylation processing. N-Acetyl-S-farnesyl-L-cysteine as a substrate for isoprenylated protein methyltransferase is described to block fMet-Leu-Phe-stimulated release of superoxide radical anion in neutrophil cells. Inhibition of neutrophil chemotaxis by N-Acetyl-S-farnesyl-L-cysteine also produces suppression of inflammatory response induced by 12-O-tereadecanoyl-phorbol-13-acetate and arachidonic acid.
1. Volker, C., et al. 1991. J. Biol. Chem. 266: 21515-21522. PMID: 1939182
2. Huzoor-Akbar, D.A., et al. 1991. J. Biol. Chem. 266: 4387-4391. PMID: 1900293
3. Pérez-Sala, D., et al. 1991. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 88: 3043-3046. PMID: 1901651
4. Huzoor-Akbar, W., et al. 1993. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 90: 868-872. PMID: 8430099
5. Philips, M.R., et al. 1993. Science. 259: 977-980. PMID: 8438158
6. Ding, J., et al. 1994. J. Biol. Chem. 269: 16837-16844. PMID: 8207006
7. Gordon, J.S., et al. 2008. J. Invest. Dermatol. 128: 643-654. PMID: 17882268
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2020 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.