You may not log in without verifying your email address.
Please check your email (including your spam email) for the Welcome message that was sent.
Mofegiline hydrochloride (MDL-72,974) is a selective, irreversible inhibitor of monoamine oxidase B (MAO-B) and amine oxidase, copper containing 3 (AOC3) or vascular adhesion protein 1 (VAP-1), also known as semicarbazide-sensitive amine oxidase (SSAO). Mofegiline was studied and extensively researched as a potential treatment of Parkinson′s disease and Alzheimer′s disease, but was never marketed.
1. Zreika, M., et al., 1989. MDL 72,974: a potent and selective enzyme-activated irreversible inhibitor of monoamine oxidase type B with potential for use in Parkinson′s disease. Journal of neural transmission. Parkinson′s disease and dementia section. 1(4): 243-54. PMID: 2597310
2. Palfreyman, M G., et al., 1988. Design and early clinical evaluation of selective inhibitors of monoamine oxidase. Progress in neuro-psychopharmacology & biological psychiatry. 12(6): 967-87. PMID: 3266532
3. Stoltz, M., et al., 1995. Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of the monoamine oxidase B inhibitor mofegiline assessed during a phase I dose tolerance trial. Clinical pharmacology and therapeutics. 58(3): 342-53. PMID: 7554709
4. Dow, J., et al., . Novel carbamate metabolites of mofegiline, a primary amine monoamine oxidase B inhibitor, in dogs and humans. Drug metabolism and disposition: the biological fate of chemicals. 22(5): 738-49. PMID: 7835226
5. Palfreyman, M G., et al., 1994. Haloallylamine inhibitors of MAO and SSAO and their therapeutic potential. Journal of neural transmission. Supplementum. 41(): 407-14. PMID: 7931257
6. Dulery, B D., et al., 1993. Pharmacokinetics of and monoamine oxidase B inhibition by (E)-4-fluoro-beta-fluoromethylene benzene butanamine in man. Arzneimittel-Forschung. 43(3): 297-302. PMID: 8489556
7. Thiffault, C., et al., 1998. Effect of the MAO-B inhibitor, MDL72974, on superoxide dismutase activity and lipid peroxidation levels in the mouse brain. Synapse (New York, N.Y.). 28(3): 208-11. PMID: 9488505
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2020 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.