You may not log in without verifying your email address.
Please check your email (including your spam email) for the Welcome message that was sent.
Kynurenic acid is a metabolite of tryptophan in mammals via the kynurenine pathway. Studies have observed that Kynurenic acid acts as a ligand to the GPR35 G protein-coupled receptor. The binding of Kynurenic acid to GPR35 has been noted to affect calcium mobilization and inositol phosphatase synthesis and may indicate potential signaling functions by Kynurenic acid via the GPR35 receptor. Additionally reported to be a broad spectrum, excitatory amino acid (EAA) antagonist. Other studies have reported that Kynurenic acid acts as an antagonist to mammalian ionotropic glutamate receptors especially NMDA (N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors).Kynurenic acid is an inhibitor of AChR α7, GluR and GlyR.
Also available as a Kynurenic acid, sodium salt (sc-358835)
1. Pittaluga, A., et al. 1997. J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 283: 82-90. PMID: 9336311
2. Wong, A.Y et al. 2003. J. Neurosci. 23: 4868-4877. PMID: 12832509
3. Brooks, V.L., et al. 2004. Am. J. Physiol. Regul. Integr. Comp. Physiol. 287: R1359-R1368. PMID: 15319216
4. Nasif, F.J., et al. 2005. J. Neurosci. 25: 3674-3679. PMID: 15814798
5. Wang, J., et al. 2006. J. Biol. Chem. 281: 22021-22028. PMID: 16754668
6. Le Floc'h, N., et al. 2010. Amino Acids. [Epub ahead of print]. PMID: 20872026
See how others have used Kynurenic acid. Click on the entry to view the PubMed entry .
PMID: # 23467467 Uwai, Y. et al. 2013. Int J Tryptophan Res. 6: 1-6.
PMID: # 22108572 Uwai, Y. et al. 2012. Pharmacol. Res. 65: 254-60.
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2020 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.