Fluorogenic Proteasome Substrate (Z-VKM-AMC) is used to measure the peptidase activity of the 20S proteasome. Also used as a fluorogenic substrate for Alzheimer′s Disease amyloid A4-generating enzymes.
AMC has an excitation maximum of 340-360nm and an emission maximum of 440-460nm.
1. Ishiura, S., et al., 1990. Distribution of Alzheimer′s disease amyloid A4-generating enzymes in rat brain tissue. Neuroscience letters. 115(2-3): 329-34. PMID: 2234509
2. Koike, H., et al., 1999. Thimet oligopeptidase cleaves the full-length Alzheimer amyloid precursor protein at a beta-secretase cleavage site in COS cells. Journal of biochemistry. 126(1): 235-42. PMID: 10393344
3. Matsui, Hitoshi., et al., 2002. Presence of angiotensin-converting enzyme in follicular fluids of porcine ovaries and its possible involvement in the intrafollicular breakdown of bradykinin. Molecular reproduction and development. 62(1): 99-105. PMID: 11933166
4. Hook, Vivian Y H., et al., 2002. Beta-amyloid peptide in regulated secretory vesicles of chromaffin cells: evidence for multiple cysteine proteolytic activities in distinct pathways for beta-secretase activity in chromaffin vesicles. Journal of neurochemistry. 81(2): 237-56. PMID: 12064471
5. Hook, Vivian., et al., 2005. Inhibition of cathepsin B reduces beta-amyloid production in regulated secretory vesicles of neuronal chromaffin cells: evidence for cathepsin B as a candidate beta-secretase of Alzheimer′s disease. Biological chemistry. 386(9): 931-40. PMID: 16164418
6. Hook, Vivian Y H., et al., 2008. Inhibitors of cathepsin B improve memory and reduce beta-amyloid in transgenic Alzheimer disease mice expressing the wild-type, but not the Swedish mutant, beta-secretase site of the amyloid precursor protein. The Journal of biological chemistry. 283(12): 7745-53. PMID: 18184658
7. Hook, Vivian., et al., 2012. Cysteine Cathepsins in the secretory vesicle produce active peptides: Cathepsin L generates peptide neurotransmitters and cathepsin B produces beta-amyloid of Alzheimer′s disease. Biochimica et biophysica acta. 1824(1): 89-104. PMID: 21925292
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2020 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.