DIDS, Disodium Salt binds covalently and irreversibly to the outer surface of human erythrocyte membranes. DIDS, Disodium Salt is known to inhibit ATP transport into endoplasmic reticulum vesicles. DIDS, Disodium Salt is an anion transport inhibitor that inhibits Cl– uptake (IC50 = 150 nM) in neuroblastoma cells. DIDS, Disodium Salt has anti-ulcerous properties. Sodium-coupled bicarbonate transporters are also effectively inhibited by DIDS, Disodium Salt.
1. Bettendorff, L., et al. 1995. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 207, 375.
2. Horie, S., et al. 1993. Res. Commun. Chem. Pathol. Pharmacol. 79, 117.
3. Mayinger, P., and Meyer, D.I. 1993. EMBO J. 12, 659.
4. Catantchik, Z.I., and Rothstein, A. 1974. J. Membr. Biol. 15, 207.
5. Pusch, M., Zifarelli, G., Murgia, A., et al.Channel or transporter? The CLC saga continues. Experimental Physiology 91(1), 149-152 (2006).
6. Boron, W.F.Sodium-coupled bicarbonate transporters. Journal of the Pancreas 2(4 Suppl), 176-181 (2001).
See how others have used DIDS, Disodium Salt (CAS 67483-13-0). Click on the entry to view the PubMed entry .
PMID: # 26038755 Ren, P. et al. 2014. Emerg Microbes Infect. 3: e62.
PMID: # 28461573 J. Immunol. 198: 4255-4267.
PMID: # 32154964 Cancer Sci. 111: 1794-1804.
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2020 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.