You may not log in without verifying your email address.
Please check your email (including your spam email) for the Welcome message that was sent.
D-erythro-Sphingosine is the natural isomer of sphingosine and acts as a potent inhibitor of protein kinase C (IC50=1-3 μM), but does not inhibit protein kinase A or myosin light chain kinase, and activates casein kinase II. This compound has been shown to inhibit calmodulin-dependent enzymes, phosphatidate phosphohydrolase, ATPase, phosphocholine cytidylyltransferase (CTP), and phorbol dibutyrate binding in vitro in human platelets. D-erythro-Sphingosine is active in intact cells and has been identified as an endogenous constituent in HL-60 cells, neutrophils, rat liver, rat brain and mouse tissues.
Other activities of D-erythro-sphingosine include inhibition of phosphatidate phosphohydrolase, Na+,K+-ATPase, CTP:phosphocholine cytidylyltransferase, calmodulin-dependent enzymes, binding of factor VII to tissue factor, binding of thyrotropin releasing hormone to its receptor and activation of EGF receptor kinase, phospholipase D and casein kinase II.
1. Hannun, Y.A., et al. 1986. J. Biol. Chem. 261: 12604-12609. PMID: 3462188
2. Merrill, A.H., et al. 1986. J. Biol. Chem. 261: 12610-12615. PMID: 3462189
3. Wilson, E., et al. 1986. J. Biol. Chem. 261: 12616-12623. PMID: 3017982
4. Wilson, E., et al. 1988. J. Biol. Chem. 263: 9304-9309. PMID: 3132460
5. Merrill, A.H., et al. 1989. Biochemistry. 28: 3138-3145. PMID: 2742830
6. Sohal, P.S., et al. 1990. J. Biol. Chem. 265: 11746-11750. PMID: 2164014
7. McDonald, O.B., et al. 1991. J. Biol. Chem. 266: 21773-21776. PMID: 1939200
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2020 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.