You may not log in without verifying your email address.
Please check your email (including your spam email) for the Welcome message that was sent.
Compound 48/80 trihydrochloride is an oligomeric mixture of condensation products of formaldehyde and N-methyl-p-methoxyphenethylamine. The trimer is the most abundant oligomer of the mixture. This product has been shown to promote the release of histamine, inhibit CaM (calmodulin), inhibit PLC (phospholipase C) and activate G proteins by a mechanism analogous to that of mastoparan (sc-200831). Compound 48/80 trihydrochloride inhibits human platelet PLC and exhibits a concentration dependent biphasic modulation of human platelet PLA2.
1. Gietzen, K. 1983. Biochem. J. 216: 611-616. PMID: 6141789
2. Gietzen, K., et al. 1983. Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 736: 109-118. PMID: 6317027
3. Bronner, C., et al. 1987. Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 920: 301-305. PMID: 3607084
4. Mousli, M., et al. 1990. FEBS Lett. 259: 260-262. PMID: 1688415
5. Higashijima, T., et al. 1990. J. Biol. Chem. 265: 14176-14186. PMID: 2117607
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2020 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.