You may not log in without verifying your email address.
Please check your email (including your spam email) for the Welcome message that was sent.
Chymostatin is a bioactive peptide protease inhibitor that contains chymostatin A as a major form. The compound specifically inhibits chymotrypsin (CTR) (ID50 = 150 ηg/ml), papain (ID50 = 7.5 μg/ml), and cathepsin G along with most cysteine proteases such as cathepsin A, B, H, and L. The compound has been noted as a strong inhibitor of cathepsins A, B, and C. Chymostatin at an effective concentration of 10 to 100 μM weakly inhibits human leukocyte Elastase-1. In rat muscle homogenates chymostatin inhibited the protease cathepsin B and other soluble Ca2+ activated proteases. In the same study, chymostatin decreased protein break down by 20-40% without inhibiting protein production.
1. Umezawa, H., et al. 1970. J. Antibiot. 23: 425-427. PMID: 5453321
2. Tatsuta, K., et al. 1973. J. Antibiot. 26: 625-646. PMID: 4792111
3. Feinstein, G., et al. 1976. Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 429: 925-932. PMID: 1083745
4. Libby, P. and Goldberg, A.L. 1980. Biochem. J. 188: 213-220. PMID: 7406880
5. Murakami, T., et al. 1991. Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 1079: 279-284. PMID: 1911851
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2020 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.