You may not log in without verifying your email address.
Please check your email (including your spam email) for the Welcome message that was sent.
Docosa-7Z,10Z,13Z,16Z,19Z-pentaenoic Acid (22:5, n-3), also known as DPA, is a fatty acid derived from fish oils that potently inhibits platelet aggregation. DPA has been reported to block the cyclooxygenase pathway and stimulate the lipoxygenase pathway, which results in effective platelet aggregation inhibition. Peripheral blood mononuclear cell research demonstrates that DPA diminishes cyclooxygenase-2 levels intracellularly and inhibits pro-inflammatory prostaglandin E2 production. Studies indicate that the compound plays an important role in the cubic membrane formation of mitochondria found in amoeba Chaos.
1. Akiba, S., et al. 2000. Biol. Pharm. Bull. 23: 1293-1297. PMID: 11085354
2. Rissanen, T., et al. 2000. Circulation. 102: 2677-2679. PMID: 11094031
3. Deng, Y., et al. 2009. FASEB J. 23: 2866-2871. PMID: 19406841
4. Nauroth, J.M., et al. 2010. Lipids. 45: 375-384. PMID: 20364438
5. Kaur, G., et al. 2011. Prog. Lipid Res. 50: 28-34. PMID: 20655949
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2020 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.