7-Hydroxy-DPAT·HBr is a selective D3DR (dopamine receptor) agonist that is primarily found in neurons of the brain. Upon activation by 7-Hydroxy-DPAT·HBr, D3DR's exhibit a decrease in the release of dopamine from neurons and activate phospholipase D via formation of a complex with RhoA. In addition, studies suggest that 7-Hydroxy-DPAT·HBr induces the suppression of cAMP in hamster ovary cells. Since the D3DR is part of the D2DR subfamily, which includes the D2DR, D3DR, and D4DR receptors, ligands such as 7-Hydroxy-DPAT·HBr can also bind to D2DR at a higher concentration. 7-Hydroxy-DPAT·HBr is an activator of D2DR.
1. Damsma, G., et al. 1993. Eur. J. Pharmacol. 249: R9-10. PMID: 8287911
2. Daly, S.A., et al 1993. Neuropharmacology. 32: 509-510. PMID: 8321432
3. Gurevich, E.V., et al. 1999. Neuropsychopharmacology. 20: 60-80. PMID: 9885786
4. Maina, F.K. and Mathews, T.A. 2010. ACS Chem Neurosci. 1: 450-462. PMID: 20567609
5. Everett, P.B. and Senogles, S.E. 2010. J. Neurochem. 112: 963-971. PMID: 20021566
See how others have used 7-Hydroxy-DPAT dot HBr (CAS 74938-11-7). Click on the entry to view the PubMed entry .
PMID: # 20021566 Everett, PB. et al. 2010. J. Neurochem. 112: 963-971.
PMID: # 7907989 MacKenzie, RG. et al. 1994. Eur. J. Pharmacol. 266: 79-85.
PMID: # 1518841 Lévesque, D. et al. 1992. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 89: 8155-8159.
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2020 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.