2-(14,15-Epoxyeicosatrienoyl) Glycerol (2-14,15-EG) is a novel CYP450 metabolite of 2-Arachidonoyl glycerol (2-AG) in the kidney. 2-14,15-EG is a potent mitogen for renal epithelial cells, increasing DNA synthesis in LLCPKcl4 cells at concentrations as low as 100 nM and doubling cell proliferation rates at 1 μM. In these cells, 2-14,15-EG activates the metalloprotease ADAM17 (TACE), which cleaves proTGF-α and releases TGF-α as a ligand that initiates the EGFR-ERK signalling pathway.
1. Stella, N., et al., 1997. A second endogenous cannabinoid that modulates long-term potentiation. Nature. 388(6644): 773-8. PMID: 9285589
2. Kondo, S., et al., 1998. 2-Arachidonoylglycerol, an endogenous cannabinoid receptor agonist: identification as one of the major species of monoacylglycerols in various rat tissues, and evidence for its generation through CA2+-dependent and -independent mechanisms. FEBS letters. 429(2): 152-6. PMID: 9650580
3. Sugiura, T., et al., 1999. Evidence that the cannabinoid CB1 receptor is a 2-arachidonoylglycerol receptor. Structure-activity relationship of 2-arachidonoylglycerol, ether-linked analogues, and related compounds. The Journal of biological chemistry. 274(5): 2794-801. PMID: 9915812
4. Kozak, K R., et al., . Oxidative metabolism of endocannabinoids. Prostaglandins, leukotrienes, and essential fatty acids. 66(2-3): 211-20. PMID: 12052037
5. Dinh, T P., et al., 2002. Brain monoglyceride lipase participating in endocannabinoid inactivation. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 99(16): 10819-24. PMID: 12136125
6. Snider, Natasha T., et al., 2007. Anandamide metabolism by human liver and kidney microsomal cytochrome p450 enzymes to form hydroxyeicosatetraenoic and epoxyeicosatrienoic acid ethanolamides. The Journal of pharmacology and experimental therapeutics. 321(2): 590-7. PMID: 17272674
7. Chen, Jianchun., et al., 2007. Mitogenic activity and signaling mechanism of 2-(14,15- epoxyeicosatrienoyl)glycerol, a novel cytochrome p450 arachidonate metabolite. Molecular and cellular biology. 27(8): 3023-34. PMID: 17283047
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2021 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.