(-)-Epigallocatechin Gallate (EGCG) is a strong polyphenol catechin antioxidant found in green tea, reported to have broad efficacy against many conditions generated from oxidative damage. Extensive oxidation of low density lipoproteins (LDLs) is correlated to cardiovascular diseases, and EGCG is reported to strongly inhibit Cu(2+)-mediated oxidative modification of LDLs. The antiapoptotic proteins Bcl-2 and Bcl-x(L) are observed to suppress apoptosis and convey survival to heavily damaged and mutated cells in vitro, and EGCG (along with the other catechins) is shown to directly inhibit these proteins, reestablishing the normal apoptotic pathway in the cell. EGCG also inhibits NOS2 (iNOS).
1. Miura, S., et al., 1995. Effects of various natural antioxidants on the Cu(2+)-mediated oxidative modification of low density lipoprotein. Biological & pharmaceutical bulletin. 18(1): 1-4. PMID: 7735221
2. Cherbonnel-Lasserre, C., et al., 1997. Suppression of apoptosis by overexpression of Bcl-2 or Bcl-xL promotes survival and mutagenesis after oxidative damage. Biochimie. 79(9-10): 613-7. PMID: 9466700
3. Lu, L H., et al., 1998. Epigallocatechin suppression of proliferation of vascular smooth muscle cells: correlation with c-jun and JNK. British journal of pharmacology. 124(6): 1227-37. PMID: 9720795
4. Paschka, A G., et al., 1998. Induction of apoptosis in prostate cancer cell lines by the green tea component, (-)-epigallocatechin-3-gallate. Cancer letters. 130(1-2): 1-7. PMID: 9751250
5. Nakagawa, Hiroshi., et al., 2002. Fenton reaction is primarily involved in a mechanism of (-)-epigallocatechin-3-gallate to induce osteoclastic cell death. Biochemical and biophysical research communications. 292(1): 94-101. PMID: 11890677
6. Nakagawa, Takako., et al., 2002. Protective activity of green tea against free radical- and glucose-mediated protein damage. Journal of agricultural and food chemistry. 50(8): 2418-22. PMID: 11929306
7. Nakagawa, T., et al., 2002. Direct scavenging of nitric oxide and superoxide by green tea. Food and chemical toxicology : an international journal published for the British Industrial Biological Research Association. 40(12): 1745-50. PMID: 12419687
8. Leone, Marilisa., et al., 2003. Cancer prevention by tea polyphenols is linked to their direct inhibition of antiapoptotic Bcl-2-family proteins. Cancer research. 63(23): 8118-21. PMID: 14678963
9. Itabe, Hiroyuki., et al., 2009. Oxidative modification of LDL: its pathological role in atherosclerosis. Clinical reviews in allergy & immunology. 37(1): 4-11. PMID: 18987785
다른 사용자의 (-)-Epigallocatechin Gallate사용법보기. 클릭하여 PubMed entry보기 .
PMID: # 29122665 Ferreira, A. et al. 2017. Food Chem. Toxicol. 111: 84-93.
PMID: # 28115242 Jeong, CH.|Seok, JS.|Petriello, MC.|Han, SG.| et al. 2017. Toxicology. 379: 31-39.
PMID: # 27356022 Wang, T. et al. 2016. Biochemistry. 55: 4036-46.
PMID: # 25534770 Cook, I. et al. 2015. Drug metabolism and disposition: the biological fate of chemicals. 43: 418-23.
PMID: # 23448667 Bruchmann, A. et al. 2013. BMC Cancer. 13: 96.
PMID: # 18687687 Shim, JH. et al. 2008. J. Biol. Chem. 283: 28370-28379.
PMID: # 14559356 Koh, SH. et al. 2003. Brain Res. Mol. Brain Res. 118: 72-81.
산타크루즈바이오테크놀러지는 생물의학연구에 필요한 제품을 개발하는 선구자입니다. Toll Free 1-800-457-3801로 연락주세요. Copyright © 2007-2020 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. 판권소유. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", 와 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. 로고, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", 및 San Juan Ranch 로고, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz"와 "EZ Touch" 는 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc의 등록된 상표입니다. 모든 상표는 각자 소유주의 소유입니다.