You may not log in without verifying your email address.
Please check your email (including your spam email) for the Welcome message that was sent.
Thielavin B is a potent Cox (prostaglandin, PG synthetase) inhibitor derived from Thielavia terricola. Studies show that Thielavins B inhibits PLC (Phospholipase C) as well as the synthesis of prostaglandin E2 from enoperoxides. Thielavins A (sc-202361) and B are composed of three hydroxybenzoic acid groups and are structurally related to depsides. Thielavins B has been shown to inhibit G6Pase in hepatic studies and inhibit the formation of peptidoglycan in the cell wall of Enterococcus. Additionally, the compound has been described to act as a telomerase inhibitor.
1. Kitahara, N., et al. 1981. J. Antibiot. 34: 1562-1568. PMID: 7333968
2. Kitahara, N., et al. 1983. J. Antibiot. 36: 599-600. PMID: 6409872
3. Mani, N., et al. 1998. J. Antibiot. 51: 471-479. PMID: 9666175
4. Togashi, K., et al. 2001. Biosci. Biotechnol. Biochem. 65: 651-653. PMID: 11330682
5. Sakemi, S., et al. 2002. J. Antibiot. 55: 941-951. PMID: 12546415
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2020 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.