You may not log in without verifying your email address.
Please check your email (including your spam email) for the Welcome message that was sent.
Streptozotocin (U-9889) is a small molecule, N-nitroso-containing antibiotic and a potent DNA methylating agent. Streptozotocin (U-9889) acts as a nitric oxide (NO) donor and vasorelaxant. In rat cell studies, this compound presented significant methylation of the liver, kidney, and pancreatic cells and selectivity for these cells against the more general methylating activity of the aglycone analog N-methyl-N-nitrosourea (sc-212238). Streptozotocin shows particular activity in the pancreas, and has been used both to induce diabetes in mammals and to treat human pancreatic cancers. Streptozotocin (U-9889) is an inhibitor of NCOAT.
1. Bennett, R A., et al., 1981. Alkylation of DNA in rat tissues following administration of streptozotocin. Cancer research. 41(7): 2786-90. PMID: 6454479
2. Brentjens, R., et al., 2001. Islet cell tumors of the pancreas: the medical oncologist′s perspective. The Surgical clinics of North America. 81(3): 527-42. PMID: 11459269
3. Johnathan K Smid et. al Endocrinology, 156(3), undefined (2014-12-9). PMID: 25485969
4. Szkudelski, T. The mechanism of alloxan and streptozotocin action in B cells of the rat pancreas Physiol.Res. 50, 536-546 (2001).
5. Kramer, J., Moeller, E.L., Hachey, A., et al. Differential expression of GLUT2 in pancreatic islets and kidneys of New and Old World nonhuman primates American Journal of Physiology.Regulatory, Integrative and Comparative Physiology 296, R786-R793 (2009).
See how others have used Streptozotocin (U-9889). Click on the entry to view the PubMed entry .
PMID: # 31168342 Ashrafi Jigheh, Z.|Ghorbani Haghjo, A.|Argani, H.|Roshangar, L.|Rashtchizadeh, N.|Sanajou, D.|Nazari Soltan Ahmad, S.|Rashedi, J.|Dastmalchi, S.|Mesgari Abbasi, M.| et al. 2019. Iran J Basic Med Sci. 22: 384-390.
PMID: # 29948786 Sanajou, D. et al. 2018. J. Physiol. Biochem.
PMID: # 28801114 Bassani, TB. et al. 2017. Behav. Brain Res. 335: 41-54.
PMID: # 28622041 Yildirimturk, S. et al. 2017. J Cosmet Laser Ther. 19: 397-403.
PMID: # 28284945 Siba, IP. et al. 2017. Behav. Brain Res. 326: 173-186.
PMID: # 28623617 Bassani, TB. et al. 2017. Mol. Neurobiol.
PMID: # 28799955 Gambeta, E. et al. 2017. Behav Pharmacol. 28: 558-564.
PMID: # 27521417 Koncsos, G. et al. 2016. Am. J. Physiol. Heart Circ. Physiol. 311: H927-H943.
PMID: # 27206737 Demirci, S.|Doğan, A.|Aydın, S.|Dülger, EÇ.|Şahin, F.| et al. 2016. Mol. Cell. Biochem. 417: 119-33.
PMID: # 26608284 Gambeta, E. et al. 2016. Metabolic brain disease. 31: 563-71.
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2020 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.