You may not log in without verifying your email address.
Please check your email (including your spam email) for the Welcome message that was sent.
Homoharringtonine is a cephalotaxine alkaloid which inhibits the formation of diphenylalanine and acetylphenylalanyl-puromycin in liver ribosomes. Homoharringtonine has promising activity in hematologic malignancies and functions as an antileukemic. Homoharringtonine blocks the elongation phase of translation by binding to the 60-S ribosome subunit. Additionally, homoharringtonine has been shown to lower telomerase levels, inhibit protein synthesis, and induce apoptosis.
1. Feldman, E., et al., 1992. Homoharringtonine is safe and effective for patients with acute myelogenous leukemia. Leukemia. 6(11): 1185-8. PMID: 1434802
2. Tujebajeva, R M., et al., 1992. Selective inhibition of the polypeptide chain elongation in eukaryotic cells. Biochimica et biophysica acta. 1129(2): 177-82. PMID: 1730056
3. Warrington, R C., et al., . Different effects of L-histidinol and homoharringtonine on 5-fluorouracil and bis-chloroethylnitrosourea activity in a murine model. Anticancer research. 11(5): 1879-83. PMID: 1768059
4. Kantarjian, H M., et al., 2001. Homoharringtonine: history, current research, and future direction. Cancer. 92(6): 1591-605. PMID: 11745238
5. Luo, Chang Ying., et al., 2004. Homoharringtonine: a new treatment option for myeloid leukemia. Hematology (Amsterdam, Netherlands). 9(4): 259-70. PMID: 15621733
6. Xie, Wan-Zhuo., et al., 2006. Homoharringtonine-induced apoptosis of human leukemia HL-60 cells is associated with down-regulation of telomerase. The American journal of Chinese medicine. 34(2): 233-44. PMID: 16552835
See how others have used Homoharringtonine. Click on the entry to view the PubMed entry .
PMID: # 29344898 2018. Methods Mol. Biol. 1711: 351-398.
PMID: # 26762417 Chen, WL. et al. 2016. BMC Cancer. 16: 17.
PMID: # 31633216 Eur. J. Immunol. 49: 1457-1973.
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2020 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.