CaM Kinase II (290-309), Calmodulin Antagonist is a potent, synthetic peptide inhibitor of CaMKII (Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II), which was derived from the cDNA sequence of the rat brain 50-kDa alpha subunit. The use of this inhibitory peptide elucidated the calmodulin binding and inhibitory domains, as well as the initial autophosphorylation site (Thr286) of CaMKII with an IC50 of 52 nM. This peptide product binds CaM (calmodulin) tightly and inhibits additional calmodulin-requiring enzymes, such as PDE (phosphodiesterase) and PP2B (calcineurin). Investigators used this product in STC-1 cells to study the regulation of L-type calcium channels and found the inhibitory peptide to block whole cell calcium currents. Additional research in T84 cells showed that this peptide reduced chloride current by approximately 70% without effect on the channels in parotid acinar cells.
1. Payne, M.E., et al. 1988. J. Biol. Chem. 263: 7190-7195. PMID: 2835367
2. Colbran, R.J., et al. 1989. J. Biol. Chem. 264: 4800-4804. PMID: 2538462
3. Mukherji, S., et al. 1995. J. Biol. Chem. 270: 14062-14067. PMID: 7775466
4. Arreola, J., et al. 1998. Am. J. Physiol. 274: C161-C166. PMID: 9458724
5. Basavappa, S., et al. 1999. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 254: 699-702. PMID: 9920804
6. Ichida, S., et al. 2000. Neurochem. Res. 25: 1629-1635. PMID: 11152392
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2020 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.