You may not log in without verifying your email address.
Please check your email (including your spam email) for the Welcome message that was sent.
Pertussis Toxin (islet-activating protein), a toxin originally isolated from Bordetella pertussis, has been shown to catalyze ADP-ribosylation of a protein in membrane preparation from rat C6 glioma cells. In addition, exposure of Chinese hamster ovary cells in culture to this compound has resulted in a clustered growth pattern response. Other experiments have shown Pertussis Toxin to block the ability of inhibitory hormones to reduce adenylate cyclase activity and enhance the ability of stimulatory hormones to activate the enzyme. Mechanistic studies have shown this toxin to consist of subunit A (active) promoter, which disrupts transmembrane signaling by ADP-ribosylating eukaryotic G-proteins, and B (binding) oligomer which helps the toxin bind to cells in vivo.
1. Tamura, M., et al. 1982. Biochemistry. 21: 5516-5522. PMID: 6293544
2. Hewlett, E.L., et al. 1983. Infect. Immun. 40: 1198-1203. PMID: 6682833
3. Bokoch, G.M., et al. 1983. J. Biol. Chem. 258: 2072-2075. PMID: 6296122
4. Kaslow, H.R., et al. 1987. Biochemistry. 26: 123-127. PMID: 3030399
5. Kaslow, H.R. and Burns, D.L. 1992. FASEB J. 6: 2684-2690. PMID: 1612292
산타크루즈바이오테크놀러지는 생물의학연구에 필요한 제품을 개발하는 선구자입니다. Toll Free 1-800-457-3801로 연락주세요. Copyright © 2007-2020 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. 판권소유. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", 와 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. 로고, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", 및 San Juan Ranch 로고, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz"와 "EZ Touch" 는 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc의 등록된 상표입니다. 모든 상표는 각자 소유주의 소유입니다.