Chromeo™ 642 azide is conjugated to Chromeo™ 642, a bright, dark-red fluorescent label for enabling detection in immunofluorescence, high content screening, ELISA and FRET applications, as well as in flow cytometry. It exhibits superior luminescence properties, a broad Stokes shift, stability towards photobleaching and pH, and low cell toxicity. Chromeo™ 642 is compatible with various excitation sources including tungsten and xenon arc lamps, the helium-neon laser, the 647 line of the argon-krypton-ion Laser and common red diode lasers with emissions of 635nm or 650nm. It is comparable to CruzFluor™ 647 dyes. Chromeo™ 642 azide has a molar extinction coefficient of 180,000M-1cm-1 and its absorption and emission wavelength is 646nm and 666.5nm, respectively.
1. Wetzl, B. et al. 2003. J. Chromatogr. B Analyt. Technol. Biomed. Life Sci. 793(1): 83-92. PMID: 12880856
2. Gruber, M. et al. 2005. J Fluoresc. 15(3): 207-214. PMID: 15986147
3. Weh, J. et al. 2007. Chembiochem. 8(1): 122-128. PMID: 17173270
4. Mader, H. et al. 2008. Ann. N. Y. Acad. Sci. 1130 : 218-223. PMID: 18596351
5. Cang, H. et al. 2011. Nature. 469(7330): 385-388. PMID: 21248848