Prostaglandin E2 Ethanolamide is an analog of PGE2 (sc-201225) with improved water solubility and stability that has demonstrated the ability to induce apoptosis in HT29 and HCA7/C29 human colorectal carcinoma (CRC) cell lines. Shown to act as an agonist with all four known EP receptor subtypes (EP1 - EP4), but with an affinity that is significantly less than PGE2. This compound is thought to be biosyntesized via COX-2 from the precursor anandamide (sc-200790; N-arachidonoylethanolamide), the endogenous cannabinoid neurotransmitter. These prostaglandin analogues are integral for structure-activity studies used in the deconvolution of these complex biochemical pathways, and in this case demonstrates unique and applicable biochemical activity.
1. Yu, M., et al. 1997. J. Biol. Chem. 272: 21181-21186. PMID: 9261124
2. Ross, R.A., et al. 2002. J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 301: 900-907. PMID: 12023517
3. Weber, A., et al. 2004. J. Lipid Res. 45: 757-763. PMID: 14729864
4. Patsos, H.A., et al. 2005. Gut. 54: 1741-1750. PMID: 16099783
5. Glass, M., et al. 2005. J. Lipid Res. 46: 1364-1368. PMID: 15863842
6. Correa, F., et al. 2008. Biochem. J. 409: 761-770. PMID: 17961121
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2021 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.