You may not log in without verifying your email address.
Please check your email (including your spam email) for the Welcome message that was sent.
Farnesyl pyrophosphate ammonium salt, in ethanol, is an isoprenoid farnesyl-donor which is utilized by farnesyltransferase. It is also used for prenylation of several low molecular mass G proteins, including Ras. FPP has been shown to negate the inhibitory effects of cell growth for cells grown in high glucose conditions as well as to reverse the growth inhibitory effects of statins on variant human embryonic stem cells and cancer cells. FPP has also been detected in Alzheimer′s patients brains in elevated levels. Farnesyl pyrophosphate ammonium salt is an inhibitor of P2Y12. Concentration: 2 mg/mL in 0.25M ammonium bicarbonate containing 70% ethanol.
1. Pompliano, D.L., et al. 1992. Biochemistry. 31: 3800-3807. PMID: 1567835
2. Reiss, Y., et al. 1992. J. Biol. Chem. 267: 6403-6408. PMID: 1556143
3. Gauthaman, K., et al. 2009. Br. J. Pharmacol. 157: 962-973. PMID: 19438511
4. Ye, Y., et al. 2009. FEBS Lett. 583: 2997-3003. PMID: 19716825
5. Mather, A., et al. 2009. Int. J. Biochem. Cell Biol. 41: 561-569. PMID: 18692592
6. Hooff, G.P., et al. 2010. Biochim Biophys Acta.180: 896-905. PMID: 20382260
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2020 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.