You may not log in without verifying your email address.
Please check your email (including your spam email) for the Welcome message that was sent.
Diethylamine NONOate (DEA NONOate) is a small molecule NO donor with a reported NO release half-life of 16 min (22-25°C). DEA NONOate is useful for screening assays investigating the effects of differential rates of NO release in comparison with other NO releasing compounds. NO release from DEA NONOate is believed to protect V79 lung fibroblast cells from the oxidative damage conferred by a hypoxanthine/xanthine oxidase/H2O2 model of ischemic reperfusion. The activity of O6-methylguanine-DNA-methyltransferase (MGMT) is inhibited by NO release from DEA NONOate with a correlated formation of an S-nitrosothiol adduct on the enzyme.
1. Maragos, C M., et al., 1991. Complexes of .NO with nucleophiles as agents for the controlled biological release of nitric oxide. Vasorelaxant effects. Journal of medicinal chemistry. 34(11): 3242-7. PMID: 1956043
2. Morley, D., et al., 1993. Nitric oxide/nucleophile complexes: a unique class of nitric oxide-based vasodilators. Journal of cardiovascular pharmacology. 22 Suppl 7(): S3-9. PMID: 7504766
3. Laval, F., et al., 1994. Inhibition by nitric oxide of the repair protein, O6-methylguanine-DNA-methyltransferase. Carcinogenesis. 15(3): 443-7. PMID: 8118926
4. Wink, D A., et al., 1993. Nitric oxide protects against cellular damage and cytotoxicity from reactive oxygen species. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 90(21): 9813-7. PMID: 8234317
5. Maragos, C M., et al., 1993. Nitric oxide/nucleophile complexes inhibit the in vitro proliferation of A375 melanoma cells via nitric oxide release. Cancer research. 53(3): 564-8. PMID: 8425188
6. Keefer, L K., et al., 1996. "NONOates" (1-substituted diazen-1-ium-1,2-diolates) as nitric oxide donors: convenient nitric oxide dosage forms. Methods in enzymology. 268(): 281-93. PMID: 8782594
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2020 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.