1,9-Dideoxyforskolin is a derivative of Forskolin (sc-3562) which unlike the parent compound is incapable of activating adenylate cyclase. Forskolin-induced stimulation of adenylate cyclase and increased cAMP levels is employed to study the modulation of ion channels and cAMP-dependent second messenger systems, and 1,9-Dideoxyforskolin serves as a negative control for cAMP-related Forskolin inductions. 1,9-Dideoxyforskolin mimics some activity of Forskolin, demonstrating alteration of K+ channel activity, reversal of doxorubicin resistance in multidrug resistant sarcoma cells, protection against TNF-α-mediated cytotoxicity, and desensitization at GABAA receptors.
1. McHugh, E.M. and McGee, R. 1986. J. Biol. Chem. 261: 3103-3106. PMID: 3005280
2. Wadler, S. and Wiernik, P.H. 1988. Cancer Res. 48: 539-543. PMID: 2825978
3. Hoshi, T., et al. 1988. Science. 240: 1652-1655. PMID: 2454506
4. Tehrani, M.H., et al. 1989. Synapse. 4: 126-131. PMID: 2551053
5. White, G., et al. 1992. Brain Res. 586: 157-161. PMID: 1380877
6. Li, P. and Yang, X.L. 2001. Pflugers Arch. 441: 739-745. PMID: 11316256
7. Uboldi, A.D. and Savage, N. 2002. Cytokine. 19: 250-258. PMID: 12393172
See how others have used 1,9-Dideoxyforskolin (CAS 64657-18-7). Click on the entry to view the PubMed entry .
PMID: # 30382126 Mayati, A.|Moreau, A.|Le Vée, M.|Bruyère, A.|Jouan, E.|Denizot, C.|Parmentier, Y.|Fardel, O.| et al. 2018. Sci Rep. 8: 16115.
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2020 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.