You may not log in without verifying your email address.
Please check your email (including your spam email) for the Welcome message that was sent.
Suramin Sodium uncouples G proteins from receptors by blocking their interaction with intracellular, P2X and P2Y, purinergic receptor domains. The compound also inhibits the cell surface binding of various growth factors including PDGF, FGF-2 (FGFb), FGF-1 (FGFa), EGF and TGF-β. It is a potent competitive inhibitor of reverse transcriptase and protects T lymphocytes against in vitro human immunodeficiency virus infection. Suramin Sodium has been observed as a potent inhibitor of melanoma HPA (heparanase) and tumor cell metastasis. Inhibition of NAD+-dependent deacetylase SIRT1 with an IC50 of 2.6 μM along with SIRT5 has also been observed. Suramin Sodium has been recorded to antagonize EDG-3 (S1P3) selectively. Suramin Sodium is an inhibitor of A cyclase, FGF-1, FGF-2, IL-1, IL-4, PDGF, PC-PLD, PKC, SH-PTP, TERT, TGF beta 1, Topo I, Topo II and VEGF.
1. De Clercq, E. 1979. Cancer Lett. 8: 9-22. PMID: 92362
2. Mitsuya, H., et al. 1984. Science. 226: 172-174. PMID: 6091268
3. Hosang, M. 1985. J. Cell. Biochem. 29: 265-273. PMID: 4077932
4. Betsholtz, C., et al. 1986. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 83: 6440-6444. PMID: 3018732
5. Coffey, R.J., et al. 1987. J. Cell. Physiol. 132: 143-148. PMID: 3496343
6. Kopp, R. and Pfeiffer, A. 1990. Cancer Res. 50: 6490-6496. PMID: 2170005
7. Huang, R.R., et al. 1990. Mol. Pharmacol. 37: 304-310. PMID: 2154676
8. Nakajima, M., et al. 1991. J. Biol. Chem. 266: 9661-9666. PMID: 2033058
9. Ancellin, N. and Hla, T. 1999. J. Biol. Chem. 274: 18997-19002. PMID: 10383399
See how others have used Suramin sodium. Click on the entry to view the PubMed entry .
PMID: # 27226534 Chen, L. et al. 2016. The Journal of biological chemistry.
PMID: # 26112648 Albulescu, IC. et al. 2015. Antiviral research. 121: 39-46.
PMID: # 25989529 Torres-Fuentes, JL. et al. 2015. Journal of cellular physiology. 230: 3068-75.
PMID: # 26187851 Li, S. et al. 2015. Journal of cell science. 128: 3317-29.
PMID: # 25822366 Chen, CW. et al. 2015. Nature medicine. 21: 335-43.
PMID: # 24829459 Calderon, MR. et al. 2014. Nucleic acids research. 42: 7012-27.
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2020 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.