Pertussis Toxin, A Protomer is the enzymatic component of the holotoxin. It has both NAD-glycohydrolase and ADP-ribosyltransferase activities. Pertussis Toxin, A Protomer inhibits neutrophil-mediated inflammation through its ADP-ribosylation activity, however, it is unable to infiltrate cells in the absence of the B oligomer.
1. Kaslow, H R., et al., 1989. Alkylation of cysteine 41, but not cysteine 200, decreases the ADP-ribosyltransferase activity of the S1 subunit of pertussis toxin. The Journal of biological chemistry. 264(11): 6386-90. PMID: 2703495
2. Gill, D M., et al., 1988. ADP-ribosylation of membrane proteins by bacterial toxins in the presence of NAD glycohydrolase. Biochimica et biophysica acta. 954(1): 65-72. PMID: 2833927
3. Burns, D L., et al., 1986. Adenine nucleotides promote dissociation of pertussis toxin subunits. The Journal of biological chemistry. 261(9): 4324-7. PMID: 3005329
4. Tamura, M., et al., 1982. Subunit structure of islet-activating protein, pertussis toxin, in conformity with the A-B model. Biochemistry. 21(22): 5516-22. PMID: 6293544
5. Moss, J., et al., 1983. Activation by thiol of the latent NAD glycohydrolase and ADP-ribosyltransferase activities of Bordetella pertussis toxin (islet-activating protein). The Journal of biological chemistry. 258(19): 11879-82. PMID: 6311827
6. Brito, G A., et al., 1997. Role of pertussis toxin A subunit in neutrophil migration and vascular permeability. Infection and immunity. 65(3): 1114-8. PMID: 9038326
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2021 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.