PD 158780 is a potent tyrosine kinase inhibitor that can permeate cells and shows no inhibition against FGF or PDGF-mediated tyrosine phosphorylation. PD 158780 shows high specificity for inhibiting EGF-dependent autophosphorylation and can inhibit other members of the EGF-receptor family, such as Neuregulin-1 (heregulin)-stimulated phosphorylation. Research shows that PD 158780 can cause G1 cell cycle arrest through the inhibition of erbB family (EGFR, Neu, ErbB-3, and ErbB-4) receptor tyrosine kinase activity in the breast epithelial cell line MCF10A. Studies show that LPA-stimulated MAPK kinase activation and EGFR tyrosine phosphorylation in HeLa and NIH 3T3 cells can be inhibited by PD 158780. It has been observed that PD 158780 has anti-proliferative activity in A431 human epidermal carcinoma cells.
1. Fry, D.W., et al. 1997. Biochem. Pharmacol. 54: 877-887. PMID: 9354588
2. Cunnick, J.M., et al. 1998. J. Biol. Chem. 273: 14468-14475. PMID: 9603960
3. Rewcastle, G.W., et al. 1998. J. Med. Chem. 41: 742-751. PMID: 9513602
4. Sun, Y., et al. 1999. Anticancer Res. 19: 919-924. PMID: 10368634
5. Gonzales, A.J., et al. 2005. Exp. Cell Res. 303: 56-67. PMID: 15572027
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2020 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.