You may not log in without verifying your email address.
Please check your email (including your spam email) for the Welcome message that was sent.
Manumycin A is an antibiotic originally generated by Streptomyces parvulus that acts as a selective and vigorous inhibitor of Ras farnesyltransferase. The compound has been observed to block the activity of IKKβ by robustly and rapidly inhibiting TNF alpha induced phosphorylation of IκBα and NF-κB nuclear translocation. Studies indicate that Manumycin A has the ability to induce the dimerization of IKKβ and dissociation of IKK from IKKγ/NEMO, the adapter protein. Atherosclerosis studies report that Manumycin A decreases oxidative stress. Additionally, Manumycin A irreversibly inhibits neutral sphingomyelina, and has been shown to produce nitric oxide and induce apoptosis in leukemia cell studies. Manumycin A is an inhibitor of Farnesyl Transferase and N-SMase.
1. Hara, M., et al. 1993. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 90: 2281-2285. PMID: 8460134
2. Zou, Y., et al. 1996. J. Biol. Chem. 271: 33592-33597. PMID: 8969227
3. Arenz, C., et al. 2001. Chembiochem. 2: 141-143. PMID: 11828438
4. She, M., et al. 2005. Leukemia. 19: 595-602. PMID: 15744347
5. Bernier, M., et al. 2006. J. Biol. Chem. 281: 2551-2561. PMID: 16319058
6. Sugita, M., et al. 2007. Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 27: 1390-1395. PMID: 17363690
See how others have used Manumycin A. Click on the entry to view the PubMed entry .
PMID: # 11044431 Marra, DE. et al. 2000. Circulation. 102: 2124-2130.
PMID: # 8460134 Hara, M. et al. 1993. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 90: 2281-2285.
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2020 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.