You may not log in without verifying your email address.
Please check your email (including your spam email) for the Welcome message that was sent.
HBED, or hydroxybenzyl ethylenediamine, is a potent iron chelating compound. Through complexation with ferric ions, HBED is described to facilitate Fe(II) oxidation and to block O2(.-)-induced reduction of Fe(III), consequently blocking the Fe-mediated formation of hydroxyl radicals. HBED has been utilized as a tool for studying the involvement of hydroxyl radicals in cellular processes. HBED has specifically demonstrated to inhibit H2O2-induced apoptosis in neutrophils, suggesting participation of hydroxyl radicals in the mediation of neutrophilic apoptosis.
1. Hershko, C., et al. 1984. J. Lab. Clin. Med. 103: 337-346. PMID: 6699459
2. Rollet-Labelle, E., et al. 1998. Free Radic. Biol. Med. 24: 563-572. PMID: 9559868
3. Gozin, A., et al. 1998. Free Radic. Biol. Med. 25: 1021-1032. PMID: 9870555
4. Faller, B., et al. 2000. J. Med. Chem. 43: 1467-1475. PMID: 10780902
5. Samuni, A.M., et al. 2001. Free Radic. Biol. Med. 30: 170-177. PMID: 11163534
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2020 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.