Adrenic Acid (22-4,n-6), also known as 7,10,13,16-Docosatetraenoic acid, is a polyunsaturated fatty acid. Peroximal β-oxidation of 7,10,13,16-docosatetraenoic acid has been shown to form arachidonic acid. Endothelial cells have been shown to convert arachidonic acid to docosatetraenoic acid and releasing docosatetraenoic acid when exposed to ionophore A23187 (sc-3591). Additionally, endothelial cell studies have demonstrated that adrenic acid reduces prostaglandin 12.
1. Campbell, W.B., et al. 1985. Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 837: 67-76. PMID: 3931686
2. Mann, C.J., et al. 1986. Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 244: 813-823. PMID: 3080955
3. Baykousheva, S.P., et al. 1994. J. Biol. Chem. 269: 18390-18394. PMID: 8034586
4. Krämer, S.D., et al. 2002. In Vitro Cell. Dev. Biol. Anim. 38: 566-571. PMID: 12762838
5. McNamara, R.K., et al. 2010. Eur J Pharmacol. [Epub ahead of print]. PMID: 21118685
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2020 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.