You may not log in without verifying your email address.
Please check your email (including your spam email) for the Welcome message that was sent.
4-Hydroxyphenylretinamide (Fenretinide) is a synthetic retinoid analog of all trans retinoic acid, which displays antiproliferative effects on cultured human breast cancer cells. In addition, 4-Hydroxyphenylretinamide functions as a selective activator of RAR (retinoid receptors). Studies involving lymphoid and myeloid malignant cell lines indicate that 4-Hydroxyphenylretinamide can induce apoptosis and reduce cell growth. These studies suggest that 4-Hydroxyphenylretinamide and all trans retanoic acid may bind to two different receptors to induce apoptosis.
1. Marth, C., et al. 1985. J. Natl. Cancer Inst. 75: 871-875. PMID: 2932587
2. Grubbs, C.J., et al. 1990. Anticancer Res. 10: 661-666. PMID: 2142393
3. Delia, D., et al. 1993. Cancer Res. 53: 6036-6041. PMID: 8261419
4. Ponzoni, M., et al. 1995. Cancer Res. 55: 853-861. PMID: 7850799
5. Fanjul, A.N., et al. 1996. J. Biol. Chem. 271: 22441-22446. PMID: 8798408
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2020 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.