Y-27632 dihydrochloride is a selective Rho-kinase inhibitor, which suppresses cholinergic nerve-mediated contractions. In addition, studies show that Y-27632 dihydrochloride increases the release of neurotransmitters from cholinergic nerves. Studies conducted on smooth muscle preparations suggest that Y-27632 dihydrochloride suppresses nerve-mediated contractile responses stimulated by acetylcholine and noradrenaline. Furthermore, studies on lung tissue damage in rats suggest that Y-27632 dihydrochloride can restore the damage caused by oleic acid by inhibition of ROCK-1 and ROCK-2. Y-27632 dihydrochloride also inhibits protein kinase C related kinase, PRK2.
1. Uehata, M., et al., 1997. Calcium sensitization of smooth muscle mediated by a Rho-associated protein kinase in hypertension. Nature. 389(6654): 990-4. PMID: 9353125
2. Itoh, K., et al., 1999. An essential part for Rho-associated kinase in the transcellular invasion of tumor cells. Nature medicine. 5(2): 221-5. PMID: 9930872
3. Davies, S P., et al., 2000. Specificity and mechanism of action of some commonly used protein kinase inhibitors. The Biochemical journal. 351(Pt 1): 95-105. PMID: 10998351
4. Narumiya, S., et al., 2000. Use and properties of ROCK-specific inhibitor Y-27632. Methods in enzymology. 325(): 273-84. PMID: 11036610
5. Köksel, Oğuz., et al., 2005. Rho-kinase (ROCK-1 and ROCK-2) upregulation in oleic acid-induced lung injury and its restoration by Y-27632. European journal of pharmacology. 510(1-2): 135-42. PMID: 15740734
6. Fernandes, Lynette., et al., 2006. A Rho-kinase inhibitor, Y-27632, reduces cholinergic contraction but not neurotransmitter release. European journal of pharmacology. 550(1-3): 155-61. PMID: 17010334
See how others have used Y-27632 dihydrochloride. Click on the entry to view the PubMed entry .
PMID: # 28104444 Ghasemi, A. et al. 2017. Cell. Signal. 32: 104-114.
PMID: # 27596957 2016. Stem Cell Res. 17: 296-305.
PMID: # 26391686 Al-Shboul, O. et al. 2016. J Physiol Sci. 66: 85-92.
PMID: # 26225425 Namachivayam, K. et al. 2015. PloS one. 10: e0134003.
PMID: # 26168083 Tivari, S. et al. 2015. J Vis Exp. e52672.
PMID: # 25752964 Al-Shboul, O. et al. 2015. Can. J. Physiol. Pharmacol. 93: 405-11.
PMID: # 25956403 Cernecka, H. et al. 2015. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch. Pharmacol. 388: 749-59.
PMID: # 23785737 2013. SourceStemBook.
PMID: # 23450810 Fedr, R. et al. 2013. Cytometry A. 83: 472-82.
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2019 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.