Troglitazone has been shown to be a potent antiproliferative and apoptosis inducer. This compound has displayed a capacity to inhibit growth of HCC cells via G1 phase cell cycle arrest through hypophosphorylation of Rb (retinoblastoma) protein and an increase of the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors, p21 and p27 proteins. In addition, Troglitazone has been reported to have profound antioxidant and antiinflammatory effects, and found to suppress L-type and receptor operated Ca2+ channel and PKC (protein kinase C). Experiments have shown Troglitazone to bind and activate PPARγ(peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor γ). PPARγ is mainly expressed in adipose tissue, one of the target tissues for insulin, but has subsequently been found to be expressed in vascular smooth muscle cells, endothelial cells, macrophages, and some cancer cells.
1. Tsubouchi, Y., et al. 2000. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 270: 400-405. PMID: 10753637
2. Okura, T., et al. 2000. Eur. J. Pharmacol. 407: 227-235. PMID: 11068018
3. Fujiwara, T., et al. 2000. Life Sci. 67: 2405-2416. PMID: 11065164
4. Aljada, A., et al. 2001. J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 86: 3250-3256. PMID: 11443197
5. Berger, J., et al. 2002. Annu. Rev. Med. 53: 409-435. PMID: 11818483
6. Yoshizawa, K., et al. 2002. Cancer. 95: 2243-2251. PMID: 12412180
See how others have used Troglitazone. Click on the entry to view the PubMed entry .
PMID: # 26313919 Myneni, VD. et al. 2015. Cell death & disease. 6: e1868.
PMID: # 24910239 Penner, N. et al. 2014. Drug Metab Lett. 8: 36-42.
PMID: # 22365411 Kim, Y. et al. 2012. Eur J Med Chem. 50: 311-8.
PMID: # 22981620 Kim, JA. et al. 2012. Toxicology letters. 214: 175-81.
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2019 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.