Tenuazonic acid is an antineoplastic, mycotoxic compound extracted from Alternaria alternata exhibiting antiviral, antibacterial and antitumor activity. Tenuazonic acid inhibits protein synthesis by suppression at the ribosome. Tenuazonic acid was shown to inhibit TPA induced ornithine decarboxylase (ODC) activity in a mouse model, and in turn suppressed mouse skin tumor promotion. A natural phytotoxic agent that has been shown to be a new type of Photosystem II inhibitor.
1. Cole, M. and Rolinson, G.N. 1972. Appl Microbiol. 24: 660-662. PMID: 4628800
2. Gatenbeck, S., et al. 1973. Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. 3: 308-309. PMID: 4790594
3. Antony, M., et al. 1991. Cancer Lett. 61: 21-25. PMID: 1764695
4. Antony, M., et al. 2002. Teratog., Carcinog. Mutagen. 22: 309-314. PMID: 12111715
5. Chen, S., et al. 2007. Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 1767: 306-318. PMID: 17379181
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2019 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.