Sodium Chloride (NaCl) is widely used in biochemistry and molecular biology applications. It is found in nature, in all body tissue, and is considered an essential nutrient. Used in a wide variety of biochemical applications including creating density gradients, regulating biological functions and as a diluent to increase ionic strength in buffers or culture media. NaCl is a component of phosphate buffered saline (PBS) (sc-24946, sc-24947, sc-286634, sc-296027) and SSC buffer (sc-296419). It has also been used for precipitation of DNA from SDS-containing samples and in the removal of small nucleic acid fragments from plasmid DNA preparations. The use of sodium chloride for isolation of DNA from mammalian cells has been described. Recent studies provide evidence that a high amount of NaCl reduces production of nitric oxide.
1. Hathaway, G.M., et al. 1979. Meth. Enzymol. 60: 495-511. PMID: 459914
2. Iglewski, B.H., et al. 1979. Meth. Enzymol. 60: 780-793. PMID: 111001
3. Leckband, D.E., et al. 1993. Biochemistry. 32: 1127-1140. PMID: 8424941
4. Discipio, R.G., et al. 1998. Acta Crystallogr. D Biol. Crystallogr. 54: 643-646. PMID: 9761862
5. Smith, B.S., et al. 1998. Acta Crystallogr. D Biol. Crystallogr. 54: 697-699. PMID: 9761879
6. Curtis, R.A., et al. 2002. Biophys. Chem. 98: 249-265. PMID: 12128178 7. Osanai, T. et al. 2002. Blood Purif. 20(5): 466-468. PMID: 12207094
See how others have used Sodium Chloride. Click on the entry to view the PubMed entry .
PMID: # 24962405 Ahn, JH. et al. 2014. J. Vet. Sci. 15: 335-42.
PMID: # 10751433 Fujimura, M. et al. 2000. J Neurosci. 20(8): 2817-2824.
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2019 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.