|PRODUCT NAME||CATALOG #||UNIT||PRICE||QTY||FAVORITES|
Scoparone is a compound found in the herb, Yin Chin, that can up-regulate the expression and activate the CAR (constitutive androstane receptor) found in the liver. It has been shown to clear the accumulation of bilirubin (sc-202499) by the activation of CAR in neonatal jaundice. Other studies show that scaparone inhibits lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced tissue factor (TF) expression in HUVECs and that it acts as an anti-inflammatory compound. TCPOBOP also transactivates CAR, however, scoparone can activate murine and human CAR. Scaparone can increase dopamine release by synapsin I phosphorylation through activation of PKA and CaMKII© in PC12 cells. It can also activate neurite outgrowth and improve dopamine biosynthesis in PC12 cells.
1. Baader, M., et al. 2002. J. Biol. Chem. 277: 15647-15653. PMID: 11867618
2. Lee, Y.M., et al. 2003. J. Biomed. Sci. 10: 518-525. PMID: 12928592
3. Huang, W., et al. 2004. J. Clin. Invest. 113: 137-143. PMID: 14702117
4. Lazar, M.A., et al. 2004. J. Clin. Invest. 113: 23-25. PMID: 14702104
5. Yang, Y.J., et al. 2008. Neurosci. Lett. 440: 14-18. PMID: 18547723
6. Yang, Y.J., et al. 2009. J. Neurosci. Res. 87: 1929-1937. PMID: 19185027
7. Yang, Y.J., et al. 2010. Fitoterapia. 81: 497-502. PMID: 20080157
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2016 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.