Sceptrin dihydrochloride is a marine sponge bromopyrrole alkaloid natural product. Sceptrin has been shown to strongly inhibit cell motility by specifically blocking contractility of the cell. This observation has been correlated to a direct binding between sceptrin and monomeric actin, which disrupts the polymerization of actin into microfilaments necessary for cellular mechanical processes. Sceptrin Inhibits the growth of several Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria, and competitively inhibits muscarinic acetylcholine receptors (mAChR).
1. Rosa, R., et al. 1992. Experientia. 48: 885-887. PMID: 1397186
2. Bernan, V.S., et al. 1993. J. Antimicrob. Chemother. 32: 539-550. PMID: 8288495
3. Eder, C., et al. 1999. J. Nat. Prod. 62: 1295-1297. PMID: 10514317
4. O'Malley, D.P., et al. 2007. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 129: 4762-4775. PMID: 17375928
5. Cipres, A., et al. 2010. ACS Chem. Biol. 5: 195-202. PMID: 20030414
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2019 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.