RHOD 2 triammonium salt is a cell impermeable fluorescent chelating agent used to identify cytosolic calcium ion concentrations. Studies show that RHOD 2 is an ideal indicator for fluorescence microscopy and flow cytometry because of the compounds visible excitable wavelengths. Upon binding to calcium this indicator shows an increase in fluorescence but does not result in a shift of the wavelength. In addition, the longer wavelength of this compound allows for it to be used in conjunction with shorter wavelength dyes and in situations where autofluorescence is a problem. Furthermore, this compound can be injected into cells using microinjection or scrape loading techniques.
1. Minta, A., et al. 1989. J. Biol. Chem. 264: 8171-8178. PMID: 2498308
2. Quinton, T.M., et al. 1992. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 184: 893-899. PMID: 1315537
3. Okada, M., et al. 1992. Brain Res. 583: 227-236. PMID: 1387038
4. Tamura, Y., et al. 1992. Brain Res. 592: 317-325. PMID: 1360313
5. Melamed, N., et al. 1993. J. Neurosci. 13: 632-649. PMID: 8426230
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2019 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.