Potassium sodium tartrate tetrahydrate has been used in organic synthesis to break up emulsions in aqueous workups. The compound is an ingredient of Fehling's solution and of the reagent Biuret (sc-239384). Fehling's solution tests for aldose and ketose functional groups. Biuret reagent measures protein concentrations. Potassium sodium tartrate tetrahydrate is a component in the technique to produce micrometer sized aerosol particles. The compound has been used as a precipitant in the crystallization and preliminary X-ray analysis of strictosidine synthase.
1. Abadía-Fenoll, F., et al. 1985. J Microsc. 137: 225-232. PMID: 2582134
2. Almo, S.C., et al. 1994. J. Mol. Biol. 236: 950-952. PMID: 8114104
3. Johansson, P., et al. 2003. Acta Crystallogr. D Biol. Crystallogr. 59: 535-537. PMID: 12595718
4. Koepke, J., et al. 2005. Acta Crystallogr. D Biol. Crystallogr. 61: 690-693. PMID: 15930621
5. Lee, Y.C., et al. 2008. Chemosphere. 73: 760-767. PMID: 18682310
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2019 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.