|PRODUCT NAME||CATALOG #||UNIT||PRICE||QTY||FAVORITES|
Phenidone inhibits both the LO (lipoxygenase) and Cox (cyclooxygenase) pathways, the synthesis of Fos-related antigen protein, and is described as an anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant compound. Studies indicate that Phenidone decreases the oxidative affects of xanthine/xanthine oxidase, Hydrogen Peroxide (sc-203336), Arachidonic Acid(sc-200770), and Fe2+ ascorbic acid. Mouse cortical research reports that Phenidone weakens oxygen/glucose deprivation-induced neurotoxicity through apoptotic and antioxidant action. Phenidone has been shown to block neurotoxicity induced by kainate, and weakens oxidative stress induced by lipopolysaccharide.
1. Wie, M.B., et al. 1999. Neurosci. Lett. 272: 91-94. PMID: 10507549
2. Kim, H.C., et al. 2000. Brain Res. 874: 15-23. PMID: 10936219
3. Moon, C., et al. 2005. Brain Res. 1035: 206-210. PMID: 15722060
4. Cusan, C., et al. 2006. Curr Drug Discov Technol. 3: 67-73. PMID: 16712464
5. Li, Z., et al. 2008. Neurosci. Lett. 445: 1-6. PMID: 18760329
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2016 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.