Phosphate buffered saline (PBS) with azide may be used when azide is required as a preservative for biological solutions. PBS (Phosphate buffered saline) is a buffer solution commonly used in biological research. It is a water-based salt solution containing sodium chloride, sodium phosphate, potassium chloride and potassium phosphate. Sodium azide (NaN3) is added to prevent microbial contamination. PBS with azide is also useful as a storage buffer.
Ready to use PBS with Azide buffer is a solution with a phosphate buffer concentration of 0.01M, 0.027M potassium chloride, 0.137M sodium chloride, and 1.76 mM potassium phosphate with 0.02% sodium azide. pH 7.4 ±0.2 (25°C).
Additional PBS products available:
PBS, 10X, liquid (sc-24946)
PBS, powder (sc-24947)
PBS (endotoxin-free) (sc-286634)
PBS with 1M NaCl Solution (sc-296027)
1. Dulbecco, R. and Vogt, M. 1954. J. Exp. Med. 99: 167-182. PMID: 13130792
2. Richardson, T.C., et al. 1983. J. Clin. Pathol. 36: 411-414. PMID: 6339565
3. Egorin, M.J., et al. 1990. Semin. Oncol. 17: 7-17. PMID: 2106167
4. Wilcox, C.S., et al. 1992. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 89: 11993-11997. PMID: 1281548
5. Fernando, P.N., et al. 2001. J Chromatogr A. 920: 155-162. PMID: 11452994
6. Russo, I., et al. 2008. Clin. Biochem. 41: 343-349. PMID: 18022387
7. Kang, J., et al. 2009. Anal. Biochem. 386: 251-255. PMID: 19150324
8. Andersson, J. and Dahlgren, U. 2010. J Dent Res. PMID: 20811070
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2019 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.