Olvanil is a potent agonist of the VR1 (TRPV1) receptor. Olvanil is described to be a 10-fold more potent agonist than Capsaicin (sc-3577) at the TRPV1. Also reported to act as a "hybrid" activator of CB1 receptor (CB1: Ki=1.6 μM; CB2: Ki=15 μM) Olvanil is also demonstrated to block intracellular accumulation of Anandamide (sc-200790) through interaction with the anandamide transporter at concentrations similar to those needed for TRPV1 activation. Also inhibits FAAH (fatty acid amide hydrolase ) (IC50=20μM).
1. Hughes, S.R., et al. 1992. Eur. J. Pharmacol. 219: 481-484. PMID: 1425974
2. Di Marzo, V., et al. 1998. FEBS Lett. 436: 449-454. PMID: 9801167
3. Beltramo, M. and Piomelli, D. 1999. Eur. J. Pharmacol. 364: 75-78. PMID: 9920187
4. Szallasi, A., et al. 1999. Mol. Pharmacol. 56: 581-587. PMID: 10462546
5. Chu, K.M., et al. 2010. Neuropharmacology. 58: 383-391. PMID: 19825380
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2019 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.