Nanaomycin αA is a selective Dnmt3b inhibitor with antibiotic, antimycoplasmic, and antifugal properties. It is also an inducer of antiproliferative effects in tumor cell lines and a Ras-competitive non-CAAX mimetic type farnesyltransferase (FTase) inhibitor.
1. Tanaka, H., et al., 1975. Nanaomycins, new antibiotics produced by a strain of Streptomyces. I. Taxonomy, isolation, characterization and biological properties. The Journal of antibiotics. 28(11): 860-7. PMID: 1201969
2. Tanaka, H., et al., 1975. Nanaomycins, new antibiotics produced by a strain of Streptomyces. III. A new component, nanaomycin C, and biological activities of nanaomycin derivatives. The Journal of antibiotics. 28(12): 925-30. PMID: 1206004
3. Marumo, H., et al., 1980. The mode of action of nanaomycin A in Gram-positive bacteria. The Journal of antibiotics. 33(8): 885-90. PMID: 6159343
4. Tanaka, Y., et al., 1999. Heme-dependent radical generation: possible involvement in antimalarial action of non-peroxide microbial metabolites, nanaomycin A and radicicol. The Journal of antibiotics. 52(10): 880-8. PMID: 10604757
5. Kuck, Dirk., et al., 2010. Nanaomycin A selectively inhibits DNMT3B and reactivates silenced tumor suppressor genes in human cancer cells. Molecular cancer therapeutics. 9(11): 3015-23. PMID: 20833755
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2019 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.