Maslinic Acid is a pentacyclic triterpene with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Studies indicate that Maslinic Acid blocks the generation of nitric oxide, and inhibits the secretion of IL-6 and TNF-α induced by lipopolysaccharides. Maslinic Acid is described to have antiproliferative and anti-HIV properties. In addition, Maslinic Acid is suggested to have a neuroprotective affect by amplifying the expression of astrocytic glutamate transporters and regulating the extracellular glutamate concentration. Research also indicates that Maslinic Acid inhibits the NF-Kβ signaling pathway and increases the affect of TNF-α induced apoptosis.
1. Márquez Martín, A., et al. 2006. Free Radic. Res. 40: 295-302. PMID: 16484046
2. He, X. and Liu, R.H. 2007. J. Agric. Food Chem. 55: 4366-4370. PMID: 17488026
3. Parra, A., et al. 2009. Bioorg. Med. Chem. 17: 1139-1145. PMID: 19135380
4. Li, C., et al. 2010. Mol. Cancer. 9: 73. PMID: 20367887
5. Qian, Y., et al. 2011. Eur. J. Pharmacol. 651: 59-65. PMID: 21118675
Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. is a world leader in the development of products for the biomedical research market. Call us Toll Free at 1-800-457-3801.
Copyright © 2007-2019 Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. All Rights Reserved. "Santa Cruz Biotechnology", and the Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. logo, "Santa Cruz Animal Health", "San Juan Ranch", "Supplement of Champions", the San Juan Ranch logo, "Ultracruz", "Chemcruz", "Immunocruz", "Exactacruz", and "EZ Touch" are registered trademarks of Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.