Maslinic Acid is a pentacyclic triterpene with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Studies indicate that Maslinic Acid blocks the generation of nitric oxide, and inhibits the secretion of IL-6 and TNF-α induced by lipopolysaccharides. Maslinic Acid is described to have antiproliferative and anti-HIV properties. In addition, Maslinic Acid is suggested to have a neuroprotective affect by amplifying the expression of astrocytic glutamate transporters and regulating the extracellular glutamate concentration. Research also indicates that Maslinic Acid inhibits the NF-Kβ signaling pathway and increases the affect of TNF-α induced apoptosis.
1. Márquez Martín, A., et al. 2006. Free Radic. Res. 40: 295-302. PMID: 16484046
2. He, X. and Liu, R.H. 2007. J. Agric. Food Chem. 55: 4366-4370. PMID: 17488026
3. Parra, A., et al. 2009. Bioorg. Med. Chem. 17: 1139-1145. PMID: 19135380
4. Li, C., et al. 2010. Mol. Cancer. 9: 73. PMID: 20367887
5. Qian, Y., et al. 2011. Eur. J. Pharmacol. 651: 59-65. PMID: 21118675
Soluble in water (0.3 mg/ml at 25° C), ethanol (~0.5 mg/ml), DMSO (~20 mg/ml), DMF (~15 mg/ml), and 1: 2 solution of ethanol : PBS (pH 7.2) (~0.3 mg/ml).
To place an order using RMB or to ship to mainland China, please visit www.scbio.cn
Create a new account
Email address already exists, please enter a new valid email address.
USE YOUR SOCIAL NETWORK
Create an account quickly and easily with your preferred social network account. You won't have to remember an extra name and password.
Creating an account with us makes your shopping experience much easier and faster. You can save favorites, save cart, check order status and speed through checkout with saved addresses, payment methods and more.